What is Green Tea Extract?
Green tea extract is a supplement that contains high levels of antioxidants called catechins, which are believed to promote weight loss. One of the main catechins in green tea is called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which has been shown to increase the amount of calories the body burns at rest.
How do I use Green Tea Extract for Weight Loss?
To use green tea extract for weight loss, it is typically recommended to take a supplement that contains a standardized amount of EGCG. The typical dosage is around 200-400 mg of EGCG per day. However, it’s always best to follow the manufacturer’s recommended dosage and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.
Does Green Tea Have Other Health Benefits?
Green tea is made from the leaves of Camellia sinensis plant and is a popular beverage worldwide. It is rich in antioxidants, particularly catechins and polyphenols, which are known for their health benefits.
Some potential benefits of green tea include:
- Heart health: Green tea may lower the risk of heart disease by reducing bad cholesterol levels, lowering blood pressure and reducing inflammation.
- Cancer prevention: Green tea has antioxidant properties that can help protect cells from damage, which may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Improved brain function: Green tea contains caffeine and L-theanine, which can improve cognitive function, mood and reaction time.
- Improved dental health: Green tea may help reduce plaque and prevent tooth decay.
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes: Drinking green tea may help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
It’s important to note that while green tea may have these benefits, more research is needed to confirm these effects, and it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle.